Chocolate chip cookies
This recipe is adapted from the amazing Left Coast choc chip cookies found at Google San Francisco.
These modifications are mostly making the portion more reasonable for home baking, and halving the number of choc chips.
Add more to your preference!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅜ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract (~8 mL)
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (or up to 1 cup)
- salt to garnish (I prefer Maldon)
- cream butter & sugar together
- add in eggs + vanilla extract
- separately combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder)
- mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients
- roll dough into tubes and chill in the freezer
- slice the roll into portions, garnish the top with salt
- bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes until edges are golden brown
- let the cookies rest for a few minutes (not too long that they get cold!)